Being able to confidently and effectively delegate is a powerful leadership skill and a catalyst for ensuring that managers spend maximum time and energy leading people and pursuing next level results. However, delegating responsibility and assignments to others can be challenging even for the very best managers. UDesign’s Delegation & Accountability training provides leaders with a set of core delegation skills that will enable them to overcome the challenges that often arise when delegating to others as well as establish accountability to ensure desired results.
Using these practical delegation skills, leaders are able to enhance team member engagement and provide team members with opportunities to be involved in important assignments, while still allowing the manager to set the team’s direction, lead the performance of others, and maintain accountability for the work that is accomplished. Today’s workforce has an intense desire to learn, grow, and contribute value so the delegation process is the key to developing an organization’s talent and positioning it for long-term success.
Objectives & Outcomes
The Delegation & Accountability training helps participants;
- Build a delegation mindset and recognize barriers that keep them from delegating to others.
- Determine what, how, and when to delegate, as well as to whom.
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently communicate the parameters of a delegated assignment and follow up with team members to ensure that they remain accountable for completing the work.
- Assign the appropriate level of authority and responsibility when delegating tasks and responsibilities to others.
- Unleash team members motivation and excitement about the assignments that have been delegated to them.
- Delegate assignments and responsibilities to others without relinquishing ultimate responsibility for seeing that the work is accomplished.
- Recognize some common delegation pitfalls and create plans to overcome them when they occur.
- Ensure that team members are committed and accountable for accomplishing the assignments that have been delegated to them.
The Delegation and Accountability intensive training incorporates many creative and engaging instructional design elements that energize the learners and lay the groundwork for skill development that is relevant and applicable to their own unique work environments. Some of these elements include;
- A delegation self-inventory,
- A practical process,
- Case-study examples,
- Opportunities for self-reflection and discovery,
- Tools and guides for transfer and application.
Throughout the Delegation and Accountability training, participants draw on their own experience and the experience of others as they learn more about the benefits of delegation and accountability, work on personalized action plans, receive constructive feedback, and learn how to successfully delegate to others within their team and organization.
Our training comprises of:
- Hands-on practical training;
- Live one to one zoom meeting with your trainer and mentor;
- Gain e-work experience by working on loads of different projects to ensure you gain e-work experience;
- Get access to thousand’s of self-paced courses;
- Join our community with other students of your area of study;
- Get access to teams and basecamp for your e-work training;
- Your mentor will work with you until you are confident, or until you get a job;