Data Modelling and Database Design for business analysts. About the course. Making a conceptual representation of data objects facilitates easy …
Data Modelling and Database Design for business analysts. About the course. Making a conceptual representation of data objects facilitates easy storage in a database by organizing data elements in a standard way to show how they relate to one another and real-world entities. Mastering the act of manipulating data is a skill that every business analyst must hone, and that is what this course is all about. Prerequisite. Basic knowledge of data analysis is advisable. What does this course provide? This course goes through:
- An introduction to database, relational database, data modeling, and databasedesign.
- Primary key and Foreign key, and their application.
- Tracking changes made to data and objects using metadata.
- The relationship that exists between different entities using an entity-relationshipdiagram.
- Resolving conflicts that arise in a different relationship.
- Table normalization and dependency.
- Steps involved in designing a database.
- Introduction 00:02:00
- Course outline 00:05:00
- What is Database 00:05:00
- Relational database 00:08:00
- Primary Key and Foreign Key 00:14:00
- Meta Data 00:02:00
- Entity Relationship Diagram 00:13:00
- Resolving Many to Many Relationship 00:07:00
- Design Database from ERD 00:05:00
- Normalization and Dependency 00:17:00
- Database Design Steps 00:02:00