Conflict arises in even the best-run companies and most employee-friendly environments. However, conflict needn’t be an unpleasant and destructive influence; instead, it can be used as a force for innovation and positive change. If differences are managed properly, they can draw out diverse ideas, create synergy, and foster the development of better relationships. What every leader needs, therefore, is a set of skills for resolving conflict constructively and promoting greater collaboration among all members of their teams.
UDesign’s Conflict and Collaboration training help participants develop practical skills and learn key concepts for building more productive business relationships and creating better working environments. Participants in the training learn how to more effectively manage the conflicts and differences that arise as they perform their work, as well as how to create collaborative solutions as they interact with individuals and groups.
Objectives & Outcomes
As a result of participating in the Conflict and Collaboration hands-on training, participants are able to:
- Identify collaborative and non-collaborative behaviors in others.
- Surface and confront underlying core differences and sources of conflict.
- Diagnose and address conflict in all types of situations.
- Conduct productive discussions and facilitate positive resolution of the conflict that arises.
- Hold others accountable for using a collaborative approach to resolving conflict.
- Notice their natural tendencies related to conflict management and resolution and make any adjustments necessary in order to become more collaborative.
The Conflict and Collaboration training is a dynamic and engaging learning experience designed for leaders and/or individual contributors who need to be able to manage conflict effectively. We incorporate the following elements into the learning experience in order to help participants build on their inherent strengths while also working on opportunities for improvement in their approach to resolving conflict and collaborating with others:
- Self-discovery exercises
- Short presentations
- Model and skills
- Conflict Styles assessment
- Examples and case studies
- Action plans
Another key element of this unique program is that participants are able to work on a conflict situation that they are currently facing. This allows the conflict-management and conflict-resolution concepts and skills to be practiced and applied to a real-life situation during the program, which facilitates the transfer of the learning back to the job.
- Start learning by watching an instructor guide students step by step through each lesson while they teach techniques and share their tips & tricks along the way.
- You don’t need any prior knowledge before starting the course
- You will work with the instructor on a live training course on this course
- Work on multiple hands-on projects with your instructor
- Work on multiple assignments including an interview preparation (if required)
- This course will also provide you free access to thousands of self-paced courses here
- Access to our resource library
- Join our community of other students in your study area
- Work with your mentor until you feel confident.