Whether people recognize it or not, having strong communication skills is crucial to personal and professional success—and in this age of electronic communication, communicating and interacting with others effectively has never been more important. Through the exchange of information, people are able to build trust and respect, align their actions, execute plans and strategies, and ultimately drive bottom-line performance. Yet, despite the importance of being able to communicate well, people at all levels of the business often lack this critical skill set.
UDesign’s Communication Skills intensive training focuses on helping participants develop fundamental communication skills, the building blocks of mutually beneficial relationships. Our training is unique because it can be targeted to leaders or individual contributors, which provides the organization with a shared framework for communication. The training assists participants in developing the confidence and competence they need to communicate with ease, influence others to achieve desired results, and have a lasting impact on the people around them.
Objectives & Outcomes
Imagine the results that would be generated if everyone in your organization communicated even a little bit more effectively: reduced confusion, less frustration, better alignment, problems averted—the list goes on and on. After attending the Communication Skills training, participants are able to do the following:
- Effectively use questions to open up dialogue and obtain needed information.
- Identify barriers that can disrupt the ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Use non-verbal forms of communication to increase the clarity of the message.
- Apply active listening skills in all types of interactions.
- Use a step-by-step process for successful communication.
- Facilitate emotionally difficult communication and feedback sessions.
- Adapt to other communication styles in order to establish rapport, build trust, and strengthen teams
There are countless communication skills trainings on the market. What makes UDesign’s Communication Skills hands-on training special is that we focus on skill development and practical application; participants return to their work with tools and skills they can immediately apply to their personal interactions with others. This hands-on training not only focuses on how to articulate clear messages, but also on how communication skills can be used to build relationships, influence others to achieve results, and create greater alignment and transparency in the organization. We use the following design elements to make the training engaging and skill-driven:
- Case studies
- Peer feedback
- Models and frameworks
We also offer customization services to ensure that the learning experience is tailored to the specific needs of the audience and organization. Our highly experienced facilitators are able to model the skills and provide constructive feedback and coaching to participants as they begin the discovery process.
- Work on multiple hands-on projects with your mentor
- This course will also provide you free access to thousands of self-paced courses here
- Work on multiple assignments including an interview preparation (if required)
- Access to our resource library
- Join our community of other leaders
- Work with your mentor until you feel confident.